The month of October goes down as one of the best months in the world of sports. Why?
Glad you asked,
The Last Night’s Game Team
Five Things You Need To Know About in October
1. NHL (National Hockey League) season begins tonight. One thing you need to know? The Vegas Golden Knights are the newest addition to the NHL. The team is Las Vegas’ first professional sports franchise. SEASON SCHEDULE.
2. Get ready to hit the hardwood, the NBA (National Basketball Association) is back on October 17. The league is trying something new this season in the interest of players’ well-being. Teams will not play four games in a five-day period as they have before. Maybe the NBA can help us manage our workload too? SEASON SCHEDULE.
3. The global phenomenon of F1 (Formula One) Racing will ascend on Austin, TX for the United States Grand Prix on October 22. This race is currently the only F1 race to take place in the U.S. Although rumor has it that additional U.S. races are coming as F1 racing was bought by an American company. Here’s our 5 Things To Know on the fast and exciting F1 racing.
4. It’s time for the baseball playoffs and that brings us to the MLB (Major League Baseball) World Series starting on October 24. Last year it was the Chicago Cubs that broke their 108-year World Series curse, can they repeat? Here’s who the experts think will take it all this year. POSTSEASON SCHEDULE.
5. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. From the sweatbands of the NBA to the cleats of the NFL (National Football League), expect to see a lot of pink this month to raise awareness and funds to fight this terrible disease. Because real men wear pink.
Here's what everyone is talking about today.
Show off your smarts this morning by learning why the ladies are taking the court for one last game, who is supporting the victims of the Las Vegas shooting and why the NBA has turned its all-star game on its head. READ.