‘Tis the season to be jolly and give gifts to the ones who have our backs. The same unspoken rule applies to football players. Quarterbacks and star running backs often give holiday gifts to their offensive line – the guys who protect them from being hit by the opposing team’s defense. But what do you give someone who can afford to buy anything? You’ll see.
Better than a lump of coal,
The Last Night's Game Team
PS - Speaking of gifts, it’s our birthday. Head over to the Last Night’s Game store and take 50% off in honor of our big day. SHOP NOW
FIVE EXTRAVAGANT GIFTS ATHLETES BUY EACH OTHER FOR THE HOLIDAYS
1. Tom Brady has been referred to as the G.O.A.T (Greatest Of All Time). What do the best in the business and his supermodel wife Gisele get his offensive line for protecting him? How about Audi Q7s? That’ll do the trick.
2. Gifts with wheels are very popular. Last year, Dallas Cowboys’ Ezekiel Elliott gave his linemen John Deere UTVs and former running back Reggie Bush? He gave away segways. Hall of Fame running back (and Dancing With The Stars winner) Emmitt Smith left a key to a new Hummer in each of his linemen's lockers. Too bad they were actually for the remote controlled version.
3. Last year for the holidays, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (aka Ciara’s hubby) gave his offensive linemen TVs and the entire team two-first class airline tickets. Go big or go…to the airport.
4. Understanding the severity of the hits his lineman have taken for him, Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer bought each of them a hot tub to soothe their aching muscles.
5. We saved the best for last. Denver Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian is a lover of Skittles and he wanted to share that with his linemen. So, he bought them custom parkas that dispense Skittles. Yes, the fur-rim hooded parkas (see above) have a button on the chest that when pushed, Skittles arrive in a coat pocket. A dream come true.
THE GIFTS JUST KEEP COMING
Break out the eggnog and stir up the conversation with three things that the sports world is buzzing about today including why a game of chess might make you blush, a record-breaking night and when football teams go up for sale. READ