It’s only Wednesday but as Bon Jovi says, “Oh we’re halfway there.”
Go forth and conquer,
The Last Night’s Game Team
PS - Did you know today marks exactly one year until the Winter Olympics in South Korea?
Five Things to Know About The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
- Pebble Beach has golf courses that every golfer dreams of playing on.. It’s snuggled up against the Pacific Ocean in picturesque Monterey, CA. Vacay?
- The “Pro-Am” refers to a tournament where professional golfers play with amateurs. Remember when Happy Gilmore played with Bob Barker? That was a Pro Am. This is the only Pro Am on the PGA (Professional Golfers Association) Tour.
- The Pro-Am was originally started by Bing Crosby in 1937 when he invited friends to play golf and raise money for charity. Last year’s event raised over $10.8 million for a variety of non-profits.
- Tonight, celebrities will be swinging for the fences in the $1 million Hole-In-One Challenge presented by Facebook. If achieved, it’s $1 million in prize money for the charity of their choice.
- If you want to rub elbows with celebrities, this is the place. Justin Timberlake, Mark Wahlberg, Peyton Manning, Toby Keith, Kenny G (no that’s not a typo) and Bill Murray will all be in attendance.
- The New England Patriots (NFL – National Football League) held their Super Bowl championship parade yesterday. Although he was injured and didn't play in the game, Rob Gronkowski stole the show at the parade by chugging beers from the crowd. He told reporters, “I wasn’t going to party but the fans asked for it so I partied for the fans." Mama must be proud.
- Sacramento Kings' DeMarcus Cousins received his 16th technical foul of the season for arguing with a referee. The NBA (National Basketball Association) rules stipulate after the 16th technical in a season, a fine and one game suspension will be enforced. That'll cost him $25,000.
- What is a technical foul in basketball? A “technical” is a foul given for behavior in the game that is considered unsportsmanlike conduct. This may include disrespecting an official or opposing teammate, taunting, fighting, etc.