Dinner parties, a hot date, vacation getaway, farmer’s market…whatever your weekend has in store for you, we have what everyone’s talking about so you can enjoy a blissful, awkward moment-free weekend.
How ‘bout them apples?
The Last Night’s Game Team
PGA (Professional Golfers’ Association)
- Sad kitty. Tiger Woods announced he recently had his fourth back surgery to alleviate ongoing pain. With his last victory in 2013, it’s doubtful that we will ever see him dominate again but here’s to hoping.
NFL (National Football League)
- Fancy some international travel? The 2017 regular season schedule was released on Thursday. The regular season will kick off on Thursday, September 7th at the home of the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. As part of the NFL’s strategy to develop an international fan base, 10 teams will play regular season games in London or Mexico City.
- Acing pregnancy. Tennis star Serena Williams will soon have another title, Mom. She announced via snapchat that she is 20 weeks pregnant, meaning she won the Australian Open while roughly nine weeks pregnant. The record-breaking tennis player is taking the rest of the season off. Williams is engaged to the co-founder of the website Reddit.
- Time Magazine released its list of the “Top 100 Most Influential People” but the list isn’t simply for tech company presidents and world leaders. There are quite a few athletes on the list including gold medal winning gymnast, Simone Biles, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback (NFL), Colin Kaepernick and UFC Champion (Ultimate Fighting Championship), Conor McGregor. For a complete list and to find out why they made the cut, click here.
- Yet another country crooner sings the national anthem before the Nashville Predators playoff game and yet another win for the Predators. Luke Bryan sang the Predators (#8) to a win over the Chicago Blackhawks (#1). Now they will advance to the next round of the playoffs.
- What does it mean for a team to “sweep” a series? Sadly no, that doesn’t mean the team learned how to clean. A sweep means one team won every game in the series. Fans are known to bring brooms to the game when their team is on the verge of a sweep. Finally a good use for that thing!