We hope your weekend of betting on Derby ponies led to a Monday morning of sleeping in on your big pile of cash.
It’s off to work for the rest of us,
The Last Night’s Game Team
- Day dreaming. Always Dreaming dominated in the 143rd running of the Kentucky Derby, receiving $1.6 million in prize money. The horse can continue to dream of winning with the next stage of the Triple Crown around the corner. The Preakness is on May 20th. Click here for more on the Triple Crown.
NHL (National Hockey League)
- Moving on. The hockey playoffs are still happening but that’s great news for Mike Fisher (aka Mr. Carrie Underwood) and his Nashville Predators. They defeated the St. Louis Blues to advance to their first ever Western Conference finals.
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Painting a picture with words. Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors look to sweep the Utah Jazz tonight to advance in the playoffs. Things became a little heated in the last game between the teams. It was so tense that Warriors’ Kevin Durant told the Jazz mascot to kindly get off the court using colorful language.
NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing)
- Persistence pays off. NASCAR power couple Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. entered the weekend with no NASCAR career wins between the two of them. In his 158th career start, Stenhouse brought home his first trophy for the mantle with a win at Talladega.
- Former Green Bay Packer Eddie Lacy (NFL – National Football League) is moving to Seattle to play for the Seahawks. He did what every normal person would do before a move, he had a garage sale. Fans lined up around the block to buy game used items, furniture and even his used deodorant. (Hey maybe it was hot standing in line)? All proceeds went to charity.
- Last year’s NBA champions, Cleveland Cavaliers, are having yet another great postseason. They swept the Toronto Raptors this weekend to start the playoffs with a perfect 8-0 (wins-losses) record. They’re the first team in NBA history to start the playoffs 8-0 in consecutive seasons.