Hold onto your hats because it’s a massive sports weekend. We’re keeping it simple so you can play a part in the sports talk this weekend.
Bigger isn’t always better,
The Last Night’s Game Team
Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match
- Step on the scale. The big fight is live from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas tomorrow night. Today is important because fighters have to make the 154-pound weigh in. If they weight more than the determined fight weight, there will be financial penalties. Don’t get any ideas Jenny Craig.
- Show me the money. It seems like all the talk around this fight involves dollar signs. From Mayweather’s nickname “Money,” to $400 million payouts to 50 million TV viewers. We’re going to throw one more number out there. A $1 million bet was placed yesterday in Vegas on Mayweather. (Mayweather is the favorite to win).
- If you missed our intriguing Five Things To Know About The Mayweather – McGregor Fight, it’s your lucky day. Click here.
- After much anticipation, MLB (Major League Baseball) Players Weekend is here. As part of the weekend, players will wear jerseys featuring their nickname on the back, instead of their last name. The New York Yankees have never had names on the back of their jerseys, but they will feature the nicknames as well. Be prepared to cheer for Easy J, Squeaky and Ninja.
- Always the marketing machine, Mayweather is charging sponsors $3.5 million to put their logo on his waistband and $1 million for his victory robe. And you thought the million dollar Victoria's Secret bra was expensive...
- The big kickoff to college football is next weekend but there are a few teams playing this weekend, including the Stanford Cardinal (#14) and Rice Owls. The two teams are expanding American football's global market by playing in Sydney, Australia tomorrow. Crikey!