It’s going to be rough waiting until Sunday, February 4 for the Super Bowl. You’ll be teased by commercial previews, talk of JT’s halftime performance prep and the perfect party recipes but don't let them get to you.
Be in the now,
The Last Night’s Game Team
Five things to occupy your time until the Super Bowl
1. If you’re an insomniac who’s dreaming of warmer weather, turn on the first major tennis tournament of the year, the Australian Open. The finals take place over the weekend. On Friday, we'll bring you all the finals action.
2. It’s time to hit the slopes as part of the Winter X Games in Aspen (January 25 – 28). Let’s hope mother nature cooperates and brings them enough snow.
3. This Saturday is the senior bowl. No, it’s not a flag football game at the retirement home, but one last chance for the top college seniors in the country to show off their skills for NFL (National Football League) scouts. You can almost cut the tension with a knife.
4. NFL players are headed south for the winter to Orlando for the Pro Bowl (the NFL’s all-star game) this Sunday. Due to the grind of NFL season, many players who are selected actually opt out of the game to avoid injuries. Don't fret because there’s also the players’ skills competition tomorrow featuring a dodgeball game, tic-tac-toe by kicking the ball at targets and a football drone drop.
5. Also this Sunday, the best in hockey face off in the NHL (National Hockey League) All-Star Game in Tampa Bay. Although the game isn’t a traditional game, it's a four team, three-on-three tournament with the winning three-man team earning a cool $1 million, split three ways of course.
A Hump Day Special
Live in the now and share your Wednesday wisdom about what’s happening at this very moment in the world of sports including which athlete was nominated for an Oscar, the greatest of all time announces their return and who landed in the record books. READ