Remember when? The top sports moments of 2018, in no particular order, to round out the year and start anew.
Broken New Year resolutions here we come,
The Last Night’s Game Team
THE TOP FIVE SPORTS MOMENTS OF 2018
1. The Winter Olympics in South Korea gave us memorable moments like Chloe Kim’s gold medal run, Korea’s united entrance to the games, the surprising gold medal wins by both the U.S. Women’s Hockey Team and the curling team (a first for the U.S). We can’t forget the always entertaining figure skater, Adam Rippon, the first openly gay U.S. athlete to qualify for the Winter Olympics. U-S-A!
2. The underdog Philadelphia Eagles (NFL – National Football League) took home the franchise’s first ever Super Bowl win in its 57 years in existence. FANS ARE STILL RECOVERING FROM THEIR HANGOVERS
3. In horse racing, Justify won the nearly unattainable Triple Crown, winning races at the Belmont Stakes, the Preakness and Kentucky Derby. The then three-year-old horse promptly retired afterward. AND NOW EATS DINNER AT 3 PM
4. With the world watching, France won the World Cup (soccer). French player Kylian Mbappe then donated all of his prize money from the win to charity. A TRUE CHAMPION
5. With a new title to her name, mom, Serena Williams returned from maternity leave to the world stage where she landed in the Wimbledon and U.S. Open finals. (She lost in both). Her return sparked changes at the Women’s Tennis Association, which modified their maternity policies. GAME CHANGER
BE PRESENT WITH TODAY'S NEWS
A troubled athlete pays it forward in the wake of the government shutdown, pack your bags for L.A. and King James has gone nuts. READ