It’s unlikely you’ll be able to avoid the discussion today around your favorite Super Bowl commercial, the historic win and JT’s halftime performance.
One for the record books,
The Last Night’s Game Team
NFL (National Football League)
When the underdog proves its critics wrong. The Philadelphia Eagles embraced their underdog role throughout the entire postseason. Last night, in what some are calling the best Super Bowl ever, they beat the mighty New England Patriots 41-33, for the franchise’s first ever Super Bowl win.
When you capitalize on the opportunity presented to you. This season’s league MVP, Patriots Tom Brady was once a backup quarterback, and now he was beat by one. Nick Foles started the season as the Eagles backup quarterback but injury to the starter forced him into the spotlight. Last night, Foles was named the Super Bowl MVP.
When there’s so much to talk about and so little time. A few other notables:
- P!NK, who was battling the flu, appeared to spit out gum right before her anthem performance, but it was really a lozenge. She may be sick but she was still sassy with this great comeback for those trolling her on Twitter. Haters gonna hate.
- Her husband may have lost but Mrs. Tom Brady, supermodel Gisele Bündchen, congratulated every Eagles player she saw on the way out of the stadium.
- Philly native and actor/comedian Kevin Hart wasn't the MVP of the night. He was caught on camera arguing with security to let him on stage for the trophy presentation. Then on the NFL Network he dropped an F-bomb. He admitted "he had been drinking."
Justin Timberlake’s halftime show (and his camo suit) are receiving mixed reviews, especially from Prince fans. His dance moves may have brought down the house but 13-year-old Ryan McKenna stole the show. He snapped a selfie with JT but didn’t know the words to the song to sing along and proceeded to hone in on his phone instead of the fact he was on national television. Social media of course had the best reactions.
Let’s talk commercials. Companies spent $5 million for 30 seconds but which ads will lead the discussion around the water cooler this morning? Some include:
- New York Giants Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. in a delightful recreation of the final dance in Dirty Dancing
- Danny DeVito as an M&M turned human
- Amazon’s Alexa loses her voice and the stars who step in to help
Dilly Dilly for Philly Philly! Back in August, Eagles’ Lane Johnson promised Philadelphia free beer if they won the Super Bowl and luckily for him Bud Light is on board to help him keep his promise. Here’s how to pick up your free beer at the victory parade.
Stay tuned! This week it’s going down in South Korea. Make sure to check out Wednesday’s Five Things To Know About The Winter Olympics for all the action.