Friday and the Siberian Express have arrived all across the country. Unless you’re in Hawaii (Aloha Hawaii!) you’re probably freezing your tukus off this morning. May we warm your hearts with laughter and sports. If not, maybe you’ll learn something new to share with your friends through your chattering teeth.
The Last Night’s Game Team
PS - Baby it’s cold outside so here’s a Tailgate Treat to keep it hot - Buffalo Chicken Dip.
NCAA Football (College)
- Battle of the brave. ESPN College GameDay heads to Baltimore for the Army-Navy game, the only college football game this weekend. Navy has a 14-game winning streak over Army. No matter who wins they’ll look good doing it as the Army uniforms will honor the 82nd Airborne Division from WWII. The Navy unis are an homage to the 1963 team led by the last Navy Heisman Trophy winner, Roger Staubach. Here's a fashion show.
- The big day is almost here. The Heisman Trophy winner will be named on Saturday. In case you missed it, here are Five Things to Know About the Heisman Trophy to impress your holiday party guests.
MLS (Major League Soccer)
- Frozen. The MLS Finals are tomorrow and the Seattle Sounders and the Toronto FC (Football Club) will duke it out for the title. With a high of -1°F it should be a brisk day for soccer.
MLB (Major League Baseball)
- Girl power. Reporter Claire Smith has become the first woman to win the J.G. Taylor Spink Award which is given to the top baseball writer in the country.
- In the rafters. The New York Yankees will retire Derek Jeter’s jersey number (#2). This is the 21st number retired by the Yankees and it is the last single digit jersey number remaining to be retired.
F1 Racing (Formula One)
- Now hiring. Mercedes is looking for a driver to replace recently retired F1 champion Nico Rosberg. An ad taken out by Mercedes revealed the job posting. Benefits include an on-site gym and a subsidized restaurant facility. Start working on your resume now.
- UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) champion Conor McGregor is taking nearly a year off from fighting to be featured in season seven of Game of Thrones. Oh and to spend more time with his newborn baby.
- The Dallas Cowboys (NFL) are on an 11-game winning streak. Their lone loss came in week one of the season to the New York Giants. Sunday night the division rivals will take the field again. Will the Giants hand the Cowboys their second loss?
- What does it mean to have your number retired? It’s an honor to have your team retire your number because it means you were so talented and made such an impact on the team. When a number is retired, no one on that team can ever wear that number again. In Jeter’s case, no one who plays for the Yankees will be able to wear the #2 again. (In case you’re wondering. the number 42 has been retired by all MLB teams in honor of Jackie Robinson, the first African-American MLB player).