Take us with you on your weekend getaway – we make great road trip buddies.
We’ll bring the snacks and play DJ,
The Last Night’s Game Team
PS – With the Super Bowl just around the corner, here’s a tailgate treat that’s bound to be a fan favorite. It involves bacon and bacon makes everything better.
NFL (National Football League)
- On Sunday four teams will battle it out to claim one of the spots in the Super Bowl in Houston on February 5th.
- Green Bay Packers vs Atlanta Falcons. Typically, they say defense wins championships but this is not the case in this game. Both offenses, led by Aaron Rodgers (Packers) and Matt Ryan (Falcons), rank toward the top and both defenses are sub-par. This is also last game in the Georgia Dome, home of the Atlanta Falcons.
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots. The game is a home game for the Patriots and they are virtually unbeatable at home during the playoffs. The Steelers have to play a perfect game after a week of distractions between Antonio Brown streaming locker room talk live on social media and the flu making its way through the team.
- Think before you speak. An ESPN broadcaster covering the Australian Open was fired after he compared Venus Williams (sister of Serena) to a gorilla. He insists he meant guerilla when he talked about her “guerilla effect” in a match. A poor choice in words because last time we checked they both sound the same when you mention them on TV.
- In other news. There was a huge upset in the second round of the Australian Open when unranked Denis Istomin beat Novak Djokovic (#2). Thanks for playing – see you next time.
- The NFL Network released a promo video for this weekend’s games with all of the team’s starting quarterbacks, except New England Patriots’ Tom Brady. Brady and the league embarked on a bitter battle early this year when he was suspended for four games for deflategate. Apparently there’s still bad blood.
- The Oakland Raiders (NFL) have officially filed relocation papers to move the team to Las Vegas. Their relocation must be approved by 3/4 of the NFL owners in March, but with the support of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft (the big dogs on campus) it seems likely that the relocation will go through.
- The starting lineups for the NBA (National Basketball Association) All-Star Game have been announced. The two conference teams are led by Golden State Warriors teammates Steph Curry and Kevin Durant (West) and the Cleveland Cavaliers duo of LeBron James and Kyrie Irving (East).