Hit the hardwood, basketball season is here. You may think you know the NBA but today’s post holds all you need to know to be an insider.
Taking it to the hoop,
The Last Night’s Game Team
Five Things You Never Knew About The NBA (National Basketball Association)
1. Take a wild guess at which foreign country has the most players on opening day rosters? You guessed it…Canada. Apparently, they’re following suit with their fit prime minister.
2. There are ladies who lunch, women who dominate the corner office and those gals who throw guys like Mark Cuban out of an arena. Starting in her fourth season as a referee, Lauren Holtkamp remains the sole female referee in the NBA.
3. It’s year one of a trial period that allows teams to have sponsorship logos on their uniforms. The NBA has never allowed teams to have sponsors on their uniforms but there are 14 teams that have adopted this revenue generator. The Golden State Warriors have brought in a cool $20 million for their sponsor patch.
4. NBA players are known for their sharp dressing but it wasn’t always that way. In 2005, then commissioner David Stern instituted "business casual attire" for players when participating in team or league activities. While there was pushback at the time, players have embraced the challenge flaunting their digs like supermodels during Fashion Week. SEE PICS
5. The past few seasons have been like the movie Groundhog Day. The Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors have faced off in the last three finals with the Cavs winning one and the Warriors two, including last year. ODDS FOR THIS SEASON
The conversation continues with...
How the WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association) is giving Las Vegas a fresh start, rich guys who own sports teams and which athlete is expanding their entourage. READ MORE