The World Series is the biggest thing in baseball besides the trend of players having unruly beards.
Break out the beard conditioner and round the bases,
The Last Night’s Game Team
Five Things You Need To Know About The 2017 World Series
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Houston Astros
1. Stealing a base isn’t easy but their effort equals your reward. If any player steals a base during the World Series, Taco Bell will hand out free tacos on November 1st. No pressure but America likes free tacos.
2. The hurricane devastation weighs heavy on the minds of both teams. The Astros have been part of the relief efforts and want to win to help their devastated city. Many players from both teams call Puerto Rico home and have been doing their best to help with its relief efforts.
3. The Astros are considered the underdog. In the team’s history, they have only been to one World Series. (They lost). The Dodgers have the biggest payroll in baseball but won their last World Series in 1988, when most of their players weren’t even born yet.
4. If Dave Roberts can lead the Dodgers to a World Series championship, he would be the first coach of Asian descent to win a World Series. He would also be the second African American coach to accomplish the feat.
5. Texas Governor Abbott and California Governor Brown made a friendly wager on the series. If the Dodgers win, Texas will have to send over a six-pack of Houston-brewed beer and Texas barbecue. If the Astros win, California will send over wine from the regions impacted by the wildfires.
The necessities. The Dodgers won last night in game one. They also had the best regular season record therefore, they have home field advantage. That means the first two and the last two games of the best-of-seven series will be played at Dodger stadium. SCHEDULE
There’s more where that came from
Why Steph Curry is learning the costly lesson of putting his money where his mouth is, who was crowned the king of soccer and what is a designated hitter and why should I care? READ MORE