The holidays are just around the corner and that means visiting grandma’s house, hot chocolate by the fire and other traditions that have been celebrated for generations. If you’re looking for a new family tradition, here are some tried and true, off-the-wall rituals that you might want to give a shot.
Crazy family fun,
The Last Night’s Game Team
Five Of College Football’s Most Ridiculous and Hilarious Traditions
1. Remember when toilet papering a house was something you did to your worse enemy? Not at Auburn University. After a win, fans toilet paper the oaks on Toomer's Corner on campus. This tradition, that started in 1972, was stopped for three years after an Alabama fan poisoned the trees, but now it’s back. No word if poor college students clean it up afterward to stock their bathrooms.
2. A tradition nearly 100 years in the making is arriving via boat for a Washington Huskies football game. Then fans relive their spring break by boatgating. They party on boats and like any other tailgate there are ping pong tables, grills, TVs and of course plenty to drink.
3. At the University of Wisconsin – Madison (aka Wisconsin), Badgers fans work off their tailgate treats at the end of the third quarter. When the song “Jump Around” by House of Pain is played, the entire stadium literally jumps. That’s one way to bring down the house.
4. After their rival Georgia Tech discontinued their annual game, Clemson Tigers fans hit back with their wallets. They spent $2 bills stamped with the team’s signature orange tiger paw logo all over Atlanta. This 40-year tradition still remains, with Clemson fans paying with said $2 bills when traveling to away games.
5. Florida State University began a “sod cemetery” back in 1962. The team would bring back grass from their opponent’s field after a win. Now there are new rules in place. The Seminoles must be underdogs or the victory must be in a championship or bowl game to warrant a sod funeral.
Keep the conversation going
Who showed up drunk to work, the best in the world playing tennis in a kilt and a tragic death in a plane crash - we have those stories so you can talk shop today. READ.