While hard work helps you land the corner office, so does small talk. Tackle your future by joining the sports conversation.
Who's the boss?
The Last Night's Game Team
PS - Every Friday during football season, we'll feature fan favorite tailgate recipes. This week's Tailgate Treat comes from hot sauce company, Palo Alto Firefighters. These honey roasted cashews are sure to be the hit of your party.
Have a recipe you want to share? Email us!
- Moving on. The women's U.S. Open final is tomorrow and Americans Madison Keys and Sloane Stephens have punched their tickets. It’s the first Grand Slam final for both players and the first time since 2002 that we’ll have an All-American final. (FYI - a Grand Slam is one of the four major tournaments in tennis).
The men’s semifinals are this afternoon with the finals on Sunday. Follow us on Twitter for the up-to-the-minute action.
NFL (National Football League)
- Stay humble. Opening night of the NFL season was rough for the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. Last night, after Tom Brady and his team raised their Super Bowl banner, they were handed a big loss by the Kansas City Chiefs.
Don’t forget to set your fantasy football lineups. Here's the schedule for Sunday’s games.
- Last night actress Reese Witherspoon showed she’s sports savvy, winning a very messy sports-themed game on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. That a girl!
- ESPN College GameDay will head to Columbus, Ohio for the weekend’s big college football game between the Oklahoma Sooners (5) vs Ohio State Buckeyes (2). The Buckeyes will be wearing Nike’s LeBron James cleats (yes the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball player) for Saturday’s game. James may not have gone to college but he loves his state of Ohio.
- This weekend Is the last race of the regular season for NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing). Fan favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. has yet to quality for the playoffs. Earnhardt is retiring after this season and if he can make it to the next round, it might be just what NASCAR needs to make the playoff run memorable.