Ah Super Bowl Sunday, the one time of year it’s encouraged to cover everything in cheese and skip the actual game but watch the commercials and halftime concert.
Best day ever?
The Last Night’s Game Team
THE FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SUPER BOWL
1. This Super Bowl will feature the first ever male cheerleaders on the sidelines. The Los Angeles Rams have two male cheerleaders. Other teams have had men on their stunt team but never male a cheerleader. SPIRIT FINGERS
2. The Super Bowl is a great time to place your money on a prop bet, essentially betting anything not involving the game. Some of those bets include if anthem singer Gladys Knight be wearing a skirt, gown or dress during her rendition of the anthem, which song will be the first song of Maroon 5’s halftime performance or if the roof of Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be open. AT LEAST YOU’LL BE ENTERTAINED WHILE LOSING YOUR MONEY
3. A hot storyline this Super Bowl? Age. Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay, 33, is the youngest head coach to ever appear in the Super Bowl. His quarterback, Jared Goff, 24, is the fourth youngest quarterback in history to start a Super Bowl. On the other hand, the Patriots have a few seasoned veterans at the helm. Head coach Bill Belichick started coaching in the NFL before Sean McVay was born. And Tom Brady? He’ll be the oldest player in Sunday's game at 41. IT’S A NUMBERS GAME
4. Over 1.35 billion chicken wings are consumed on Super Bowl Sunday, but if you want chicken during the big game in Atlanta, you can’t go to the Chick-fil-A in the stadium because it’s closed on Sundays, even Super Bowl Sunday. WHERE’S THE BEEF?
5. Maroon 5, Travis Scott and Big Boi will be performing during halftime at this year’s game but do you know how much they make for performing at the Super Bowl? Zero. Their expenses are paid but they are not paid a performance fee. ALL EYES ON YOU
The Super Bowl is this Sunday, February 3 in Atlanta. Kickoff is at 6:30 PM EST on CBS.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE
It’s not all about the gridiron. Today we’re buzzing about the good and bad news for Maroon 5, embracing the drunkest tournament in golf and who shared an x-rated x-ray. READ