Sometimes we wish we could predict the future simply for the sake of our fantasy football teams. While we can’t predict the future, we can tell you that the newly selected Super Bowl halftime show performer will be entertaining.
Born this way,
The Last Night’s Game Team
NFL (National Football League)
- Who’s the new guy? New England Patriots beat Miami Dolphins, but replacement quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was knocked out of the game with a shoulder injury that could keep him out for awhile. With Tom Brady’s suspension lasting another two weeks, Patriots rookie Jacoby Brissett will now take on the task of leading the Patriots.
NCAA Football (College)
- The prodigal son returns. Tom Brady is making the most of his four game suspension from the Patriots. This week he traveled to his alma mater Michigan to serve as the honorary captain. Brady and Michigan head coach, Jim Harbaugh, even played a spirited game of catch before the game.
- Bummer sooner. Oklahoma Sooners and Notre Dame Fighting Irish may be on the outside looking in at the college football playoffs because both ranked teams suffered their second loss of the season at home this weekend. The Fighting Irish lost to Michigan State and the Sooners lost to Ohio State.
Did your team win? Find out here.
F1 (Formula One Racing)
- Light it up. Nico Rosberg won the Singapore Grand Prix, his first ever win under the lights. (Singapore is a night track). Rosberg also took the overall points lead from his teammate Lewis Hamilton with six races to go in the season.
- Oh the irony. Singapore is known as a “fine city” because they don’t hesitate to penalize anyone who breaks their rules. One Ferrari team member, who happened to also be an ex-Philip Morris staffer, found that out the hard way. He was fined $730 USD for throwing his cigarette butt on the ground while in the country.
- Tough loss. In a shocking victory, Team Europe upset Team U.S.A in the World Cup of Hockey. To advance Team U.S.A. must beat favored Team Canada on Tuesday, or hope for a miracle. Same same but different.
NASCAR (National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing)
- Cowabunga. Martin Truex Jr won the first “Chase for the Cup” race this weekend at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400. (Yes that’s the real name – we can’t make this stuff up).
- After rumors that Adele turned down the opportunity, the all important halftime performance for this season’s Super Bowl has been announced. Lady Gaga has accepted the challenge of entertaining the nation in February. We have no doubt she’ll put together a memorable performance.
- Los Angeles Rams beat Seattle Seahawks 9-3 as football returned to L.A. The Rams scored in the game with three field goals which means they still have not scored a touchdown as the L.A. Rams since 1994 (that’s when the team left L.A).
- What is this NASCAR “The Chase for the Cup?" The “Chase” is an elimination-style playoff to crown the best driver in NASCAR. It starts with 16 drivers in 10 races. It’s quite an in depth points system so if you’re interested in hearing more click here to learn from the experts. We just play ones on TV.