NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing)
- Great balls of fire. NASCAR raced on Saturday night this week and Aric Almirola lit up the night sky. He was involved in a fiery crash with Danica Patrick and Joey Logano. After watching the video you’ll see how incredible it is that he only walked away with fractured vertebra.
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- We’re getting there. In game one of the Western Conference finals, the Golden State Warriors overcame a huge deficit to pull off a win against the San Antonio Spurs. (This is the semifinal round – the finals start on June 1st).
UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)
- Overachiever. The fighter known as the “blue collar champion,” Stipe Miocic, set a record for title defenses by a heavyweight on Saturday. As if that’s not impressive enough, the Cleveland native also a firefighter when he’s not in the octagon. (FYI heavyweight classification is for fighters between 205 and 265 pounds).
- MLB (Major League Baseball) teams proved that real men wear pink. All teams broke out the pink gear yesterday to celebrate Mother’s Day and raise money for the fight against breast cancer. The pink game used items are being auctioned off to benefit the cause, in case you forgot to buy mom a gift.
- Yesterday the New York Yankees (MLB) celebrated Derek Jeter Day and retired his jersey. During his playing days Jeter wore the #2 jersey. Now all single-digit jersey numbers have been retired by the Yankees, which means no Yankee player can ever wear a single-digit jersey number again.
- The NBA (National Basketball Association) Draft lottery is tomorrow. Like your grandma on Tuesdays at 10 am, the NBA uses a bingo-like ping pong ball system to determine the order in which the 14 non-playoff teams will pick in the draft. The worse your team was last season, the higher the odds of receiving a top spot in the draft. Want more? Read on.