If you thought today’s Monday motivation was going to come in the form of a coffee cup, think again.
The Last Night’s Game Team
NFL (National Football League)
- Bling ring. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft knew his quarterback, Tom Brady, and his family had been through a lot during the team’s championship run last season. His mom, Galynn, was undergoing chemotherapy and for the first time ever, she missed all but one of Brady’s games. In honor of the sacrifice and challenges she faced, Kraft gave her a Super Bowl ring. Mama Brady’s cancer is now in remission.
- Enshrined. Saturday night the Pro Football Hall of Fame gained seven new members. One of the inductees, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, proved that everything is bigger in Texas. He threw himself one heck of a party, costing a reported $16 million, that boasted a special performance by Justin Timberlake.
- Determined. In case you missed it, the night featured memorable speeches from the inductees. The always well-spoken San Diego Chargers’ LaDainian Tomlinson, made sure his final words were unforgettable by sharing a moving story about his last name and its origin. If you need some Monday motivation, here are the highlights from each inductee’s speech.
- Injured New York Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard (MLB - Major League Baseball) can now add actor to his resume. Living up to his nickname Thor, it was fitting that he made a cameo in last night’s Game of Thrones as a spear throwing warrior in a battle. Luckily his cameo was well received by fans, unlike Ed Sheeran’s appearance.
- Usain Bolt is the most decorated sprinter of this generation. Saturday in the world championships, he raced in his final solo race and it didn’t go as planned. He finished third in his first-ever loss in the Olympics or a world championship semifinal, a 45-race winning streak.
- Longtime Chicago Bears quarterback (NFL) Jay Cutler, retired after last season and accepted a job as a commentator with FOX for the upcoming football season. Apparently, retirement wasn’t for him. This weekend he signed a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins to replace their injured quarterback. (In case you’re wondering, Cutler is married to fashion designer and reality TV star Kristin Cavallari).