Because no one wants to talk politics with hot gravy and sharp knives available.
Kick controversy to the curb,
The Last Night’s Game Team
FIVE TURKEY DAY TABLE TOPICS
1. While many NFL (National Football League) players complain about having to play in Thursday night football games, playing on Thanksgiving is an honor awarded to few teams. There are only three games on Thanksgiving Thursday. FOOTBALL WITH A SIDE OF GRAVY
2. While they took a massive risk playing the first football game on Thanksgiving, the risk has paid off for the Detroit Lions (NFL). The Lions and the Dallas Cowboys have hosted the most home Thanksgiving Day games in the NFL and have the holiday attendance numbers (and TV viewers) other teams dream of. Side note – this Thanksgiving will feature the rematch of the first Thanksgiving football game (1934) with the Lions vs. the Chicago Bears. FIRST TO MARKET
3. With £110,000 and the title on the line, one dart player pulled out all the stops for victory. And by stops we mean he wasn’t stopping his vile flatulence. Scotland’s Gary Anderson and Denmark’s Wesley Harms were in a match during the Grand Slam of Darts and one of the two began to break wind that was so bad it made his opponent's eyes water. No word if the one who smelt it, dealt it as they’re both denying the gas. FART GATE
4. Do all the foods on your Thanksgiving table make you happy? Well how about combining them with a pizza? The Detroit Lions are offering a Thanksgiving pizza during tomorrow’s game with all the fixings. Yes, pizza with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy, covered with cheese. GASTROINTESTINAL NIGHTMARE
5. Some parents will do anything to help their child win. In this case, a dad dressed as a referee, roamed the sidelines and even joined in on calls to make sure his son’s high school team won their playoff game. No one knew any different until he bragged about it on Facebook and now he’s being sued. He said "I did what was needed to make sure Naz won." DAD OF THE YEAR?
A little something extra. Want to horrify your host? Bring this Hot Cheetos turkey that’s blowing up Twitter.