The big guns are coming out this weekend for New Years. From a woman looking for revenge, to a group of guys who need to prove themselves on the field, to a gal who needs more muscles to keep her left hand up, they're all going to end 2016 with a bang.
See you next year,
The Last Nights’ Game Team
NFL (NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE)
- Over already? They say time flies when you’re having fun. That’s right, this weekend is the last weekend of the NFL regular season. The experts have overanalyzed the heck out of the team playoff scenarios. Should you wish to explore their rationale, check them out here.
UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)
- Kind of a big deal. UFC 207 is tonight in Las Vegas. It will feature the first fight for female fighter extraordinaire Ronda Rousey since her devastating first career loss in November 2015. Rousey faces the current champion Amanda Nunes, who is a badass and the first openly gay UFC Champion.
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Help a fella out. It’s time for fans to vote for the NBA All-Stars. Philadelphia 76ers rookie Joel Embiid needs your help. Embiid was told by his crush Rihanna that he needed to be an all-star to get a date. The game is February 19th so your vote could come just in time for Valentine's Day.
- Top ranked women’s tennis player Serena Williams (35) revealed that she is engaged to the co-founder of Reddit, Alexis Ohanian (33). Surprisingly, they announced their engagement on….Reddit.
- Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo rejected an offer from a Chinese soccer team that would have paid him over $105 million a year. His agent Jorge Mendes said “money is not everything; the Spanish club (his current team Real Madrid) is his life."
- This isn’t your normal New Year’s Eve party pre-game routine. The final four teams in college football will battle it out on Saturday for a spot in the National Championship game, which determines the best team in FBS college football. (FBS stands for the Football Bowl Subdivision, formerly known as Division One).