NBA (NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION)
- Déjà vu. The Cleveland Cavaliers are going to the NBA finals after dominating the Boston Celtics last night. Now, for the third year in a row, it'll be the Cavs vs the Golden State Warriors in the finals. Each team has won once, so you could call this a tie breaker. Dun dun dunnn.
MLB (MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL)
- An unlikely inductee. A whole slew of baseball legends will be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Saturday (find the full list here). Animated dad Homer Simpson also landed a spot in the Baseball HOF this year in honor of the 25th anniversary of the classic Simpsons' episode “Homer at the Bat.” Maybe ballparks will start opting for donuts instead of cracker jacks?
F1 RACING (FORMULA ONE)
- Beautiful backdrop. F1 racers will take to the track in Monaco this weekend. This course is arguably one of the most stunning in the world. Let’s hope the racers don’t get distracted by the view.
- A man of many talents. The Indy 500 is also this Sunday, and all eyes will be on Fernando Alonso for this one. Alonso made an unprecedented mid-season jump from F1 to the Indy 500 (two totally different racing styles), and he did well enough in qualifying and to start in fifth place!
- If NASCAR is more of your thing, you can catch that this weekend too. Even if it isn’t, heartthrob Channing Tatum is slated to be the Grand Marshal, so you might want to set the DVR.
- America is falling head over heels for the Nashville Predators (NHL- National Hockey League). It could have something to do with the fact that Mr. Carrie Underwood, Mike Fischer, is on the team, OR it could be because the team was a #8 seed (meaning they had the worst record) and are now going to the Stanley Cup Final. This will be the first time for the Predators to ever go to the final round of the playoffs, and it could be a tough one. They’re going up against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the defending NHL champs.
- The winner of the Indy 500 always celebrates the win by drinking a glass of milk. Why? It’s not just for strong bones…