Wake up, have a cup of coffee and do a happy dance becuase Friday and a three-day weekend are here. Out of common courtesy, please put some clothes on first.
Thanks for that mental image,
The Last Night’s Game Team
- It’s going to be a wild ride. Buckle up for a big weekend in football. Some teams have already played this week but there are still great games ahead including the ESPN College GameDay’s game of the week - Florida State (#3) vs. Alabama (#1). Rankings wise it’s one of the best opening games ever produced.
- Chicken for everyone! The Florida State – Alabama game will be played in a neutral location and will be the first game played in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium (NFL – National Football League). Don’t worry, because it’s a Saturday game, the stadium’s controversial Chick-fil-A location will be open.
MLB (Major League Baseball)
- Hometown heroes. After a long week away due to Hurricane Harvey, the Houston Astros are finally home and will play at Minute Maid Park this weekend. While they’re home, they’ll deliver more than 10,000 shirts and tickets to this weekend’s games to evacuated Houstonians staying at the convention center.
- Here’s what other teams are doing to support the flood relief efforts.
- Earlier this week, we reported that Houston Texans’ JJ Watt (NFL) started a fund, offering to match $100,000, with a goal of raising $200,000 for relief efforts. He has slightly exceeded that goal. He’s raised over $13.6 million so far this week. Now that’s a return on investment. Here’s how you can help.
- College football = big money. More than $70 million will be paid out to teams this opening weekend. Whether it’s payouts for neutral site games or the travel bonus for a power conference team playing a lower division team, their pocketbooks thanks you.
- NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) loves a good theme party and this week’s race, the Bojangles Southern 500, will have a throwback theme. The cars’ paint schemes will be from 1985-89. We can only hope the hair will be too.