It's a new week to bond over sports with your clients, coworkers and family.
Sports – helping you create conversation since the Romans competed in the Olympics naked.
Glad we weren’t there on National Selfie Day,
The Last Night’s Game Team
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Number one. The Philadelphia 76ers had the first pick in the NBA Draft and they chose 19-year-old Markelle Fultz from University of Washington. During this pinnacle moment, his social media person hilariously messed up a sponsored Instagram post. You had one job…
- Visionary? For the second pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Lakers chose hometown prospect Lonzo Ball and by default they receive his larger than life father LaVar Ball. Mr. Ball continued his over-the-top ways last night by telling reporters that Zeus and Jesus told him that his son would be a Laker. It’s going to be a long season for the team.
Curious who your team selected? Find out here.
NHL (National Hockey League)
- What happens in Vegas ends up on Twitter. Ahead of today's NHL Draft in Chicago, the new kids on the block, the Las Vegas Golden Knights, revealed their 30-man roster and their new jerseys, which Twitter hated. For more coverage on the trade rumors and to find out who is the coveted first pick, click here.
College Baseball World Series
- Narrowing it down. The pool of 64 teams has dwindled down to four in this double elimination tournament. Tonight the TCU Horned Frogs (Texas Christian University) will take on the Florida Gators and the Oregon State Beavers will play the LSU Tigers (Louisiana State University). The winners of those series will face each other in the finals.
- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (NFL – National Football League) has been on a tour of Asia with his son and Under Armour. On the trip the boys learned a thing or two about blocking and man buns when they became sumo wrestlers for a day in Japan. The photos are classic.
- Last night was a good night for the youngsters in the NBA Draft with a record-breaking 16 freshmen drafted in the first round.
- In the first weekend of the America's Cup, Emirates Team New Zealand took a commanding lead over Team Oracle U.S.A. in Bermuda. Tomorrow, Team U.S.A. will begin the uphill battle to take home the win. If the situation sounds familiar it’s because in the 2013 finals, Team U.S.A. came from behind to beat Team New Zealand. Click here for Five Things To Know About America’s Cup.