The one time of year it’s encouraged to cover everything in cheese and skip the actual game but watch the commercials and halftime concert.
Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the basketball court. Isn't that how the song goes? Then the Easter bunny doesn’t know March Madness. Book your spot on the couch for all of the courtside excitement this weekend.
Pass the Cadbury Eggs please,
The Last Night’s Game Team
MLB (Major League Baseball)
- Long road to retirement. New York Yankees star Alex “A-Rod” Rodriguez announced he will retire when his contract is up after the 2017 season. If he plays out his contract he will have made over $400 million in his 20-year career (not including endorsements). He will be the first ever American professional athlete to pass the $400 million mark. We’re sure he doesn’t regret much about his career. Okay maybe his involvement with steroids and of course the photoshoot where he kissed himself in the mirror. He is known for his love of beautiful women having dated Hollywood’s finest in Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz and Madonna. Six degrees of separation anyone?
NCAA Basketball (College)
- Please pass go. On Thursday, Villanova (#2), Kansas (#1), Oregon (#1) and Oklahoma (#2) dominated to reach the Elite Eight. So long Duke (#4).
- Friday fun. Friday holds the second half Sweet 16 basketball. Full schedule here.
- There goes the weekend. Teams in the Elite Eight will play this Saturday and Sunday. Here’s the schedule.
NFL (National Football League)
- It’s a hard knock life. The newest residents of Los Angeles, the Rams, will be featured on the show “Hard Knocks” on HBO. The show will follow the team throughout training camp. The Rams are re-locating from St. Louis to L.A.
- RG3 moves to the C. Free agent quarterback Robert Griffin III, (aka RG3) signed a two-year contract with Cleveland Browns. (Party boy Johnny Manziel was the former QB for the Browns). RG3 was drafted second overall in 2012 draft by the Washington Redskins and was named the offensive rookie of the year that season. Since then, injuries and differing views from coaches led to his release from Redskins. A healthy RG3 did not play in a single game last year due to coaching decisions.
- MLB is encouraging all fans to put their #CapsOn and wear their favorite team's cap on Monday, April 4th in honor of the opening day of baseball. Ellen DeGeneres and her studio audience shared their #CapsOn opening day excitement on Thursday. Share with us the team’s hat you’ll be sporting that day.
- Cleveland Browns have had 24 different starting quarterbacks since their reinstatement in 1999 which is the most QB swaps in the NFL during that time span. Apparently it’s as easy as swiping left.
- Who's the boss? Warriors’ Stephen Curry shared how his daughter, Riley, helped sway his decision to move to Under Armour. He told the story of how she was presented with a Nike, Adidas and Under Armour shoe. One by one she picked up the Nike and Adidas shoes and threw them over her shoulder. She picked up the remaining shoe and brought it to Curry. The queen has spoken.