Since we report on NBA superstar Steph Curry all the time in our news, we thought you might want to get to know him a little better. Kind of like Googling that blind date…simply some light internet stalking.
If only he wasn't married,
The Last Night's Game
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REIGNING NBA MVP, STEPHEN “STEPH” CURRY
- Curry, whose father is a retired NBA player, attended and played basketball at a small college, Davidson, after not being recruited by any bigger schools. He showed them!
Since college, Curry has been involved with the United Nations Foundation's Nothing But Nets campaign, which distributes insecticide-treated mosquito bed nets across Africa to help combat malaria.
- He started dating his wife Ayesha at age 14 and they married in 2011. Ayesha realized her opportunity with her husband’s fame and has become famous for her cooking. Check out her Instagram.
- Daughter Riley has become a little superstar of her own, a dancing superstar that is.
- Although he's had a career tainted by ankle injuries, he’s a really good basketball player.
- Held the record for three-point shots in a season for college basketball (2007-2008).
- Current record holder for three-point shots made in a season for NBA
NCAA BASKETBALL (COLLEGE)
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Oakland University senior guard Max Hooper’s father was diagnosed with cancer in October and since suffered a stroke preventing him from attending his son’s games, something he had always done. On Hooper’s senior night, Hooper was surprised to see his Dad in attendance. He watched the game from a hospital bed in the arena.
MLB (MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL)
- Will there be mojitos? Tampa Bay Rays will play an exhibition game against the Cuban National Team in Cuba on March 22nd. President Obama is scheduled to be at the game.
NBA (NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION)
- Taking one for the team. Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Balmer, 59, who is valued at $22 billion clearly enjoys owning the team. At halftime of the game against the New Jersey Nets, he took on the challenge of dunking off a trampoline to win all fans in attendance a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars. Of course he nailed the dunk. Shoes for everyone!
NFL (NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE)
- Raise ‘em up. Despite not making the playoffs since 2010, the New York Jets (NFL) announced they will be raising tickets prices by an average of 4%. The ticket prices had remained the same for the previous two years.
- Not to be outdone by his week of arrival in different luxury vehicles, Mets (MLB) outfielder Yoenis Cespedes showed up to spring training on horseback.
- Billionaire Warren Buffet announced to his employees that if anyone could pick a perfect bracket through the “sweet 16” in the NCAA Basketball Playoffs, they would receive $1 million a year for the rest of their lives. Don’t buy that yacht yet. Last year, only one out of 11.5 million ESPN Tournament Challenge entrants picked the entire first round of the tournament perfect. More on March Madness next week.
- Remarkable. University of Kansas Jayhawks have clinched their 12th straight conference championship.