Unlike the infamous Taco Liberty Bell joke or secretly recording your teammate, there are no April Fool’s Day pranks here; just good old fashioned sports.
The NCAA Final Four is this weekend and we still have three people in the running for the top spot in the Last Night’s Game Bracket Challenge.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner,
The Last Night’s Game Team
MLB (Major League Baseball)
- Batter up. The MLB regular season starts on Sunday with opening day games across the country. Check out Wednesday’s Five Things to Know About MLB to prepare you for the excitement of the big leagues. You can find the opening day schedule here.
- #CapsOn. MLB is encouraging fans to wear their favorite team’s hat in honor of opening day. Finally, a cause where we don’t have to worry about a bad hair day or even have hair for that matter.
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Breaking bro code. Lakers’ rookie D’Angelo Russell found himself in a bad situation after a private video that he recorded of teammate Nick 'Swaggy P’ Young found its way to a gossip blog. The video highlights Young’s alleged exploits with women who are not his fiancée, rapper/singer Iggy Azalea. Queue locker room tension, fans booing Russell at games and being shunned by his teammates. Amidst the scandal, Azalea just released a new single entitled ‘Team.’
NCAA Basketball (College)
- Saturday Night Live. Spend your Saturday night wrapped up in March (cough, April) Madness. The Final Four is on Saturday night, live from Houston, TX.
Villanova (#2) vs Oklahoma (#3), Saturday at 6:09 pm (EST) on TBS
- Spread: Villanova -2 (favored by two points)
- Key Players: Oklahoma senior Buddy Hield (runner-up for national player of the year) and Villanova senior Ryan Arcidiacono.
Syracuse (#10) vs North Carolina (#1), Saturday at 8:49 pm (EST) on TBS
- Spread: North Carolina -10 (favored by 10 points)
- Key Players: North Carolina senior Brice Johnson and Syracuse senior Michael Gbinije.
- Orange you glad you made a bet? A bet on Syracuse at the beginning of the tournament could score you $100,000 if they win the tournament. The Westgate SuperBook had the odds of Syracuse winning at 1,000-1 and four people took that bet. Come on Orangemen!
- The greatest. Michigan State's Denzel Valentine won the title of AP Player of the Year. The AP (Associated Press) hands out the award every year to the best on the court and Valentine is the first ever honoree from Michigan State.
- In case you needed an excuse to break out your lace-up boots and an awkwardly small speedo, here’s your chance. The Super Bowl of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), Wrestlemania 32, is this Sunday at 8 pm (EST) on the WWE network.
AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, will be bursting at the seams with fans who are there to check out all the action including the main event of Roman Reigns vs. Triple H. Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey appeared at Wrestlemania 31 with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and rumors are swirling that she is going to make a surprise appearance this year as well.
Five of the most prominent players on the Women’s U.S. National Soccer Team have filed a suit against the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) for alleged wage discrimination. The suit points out that as part of their collective bargaining agreement the female players make 40% less than the men, despite their dominate success including a 2015 World Cup win. (Something the men haven’t done). USSF said the men’s team brings in twice the attendance and revenue of the women’s team. Stay tuned for the ongoing debate and to read more about the story, click here.
- Former snowboard instructor, yogi and Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, is giving world leaders a run for their money when it comes to the title of fittest world leader. Following in this father’s footsteps, the yogi’s social media accounts are full of sporting and outdoor activity photos, including this one of him mastering the mayurasana (or peacock pose).