“Bachelorette” fans are going to be pissed, a brilliant career move and who slept through a baseball game.
Happy Hump Day! You’ve made it this far – just keep going. That’s what we’re saying about those new year’s resolutions too.
Eh who needs dry January anyway?
The Last Night’s Game team
Five INtriguing things to know about Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers
- On-field performance – The former backup quarterback to the great Brett Farve is one of the hottest players in the NFL with his team on a seven game winning streak. During that time, he’s thrown 19 touchdowns with 0 interceptions. Rodgers was named the league MVP in 2011 and 2014. We’ll see how he holds up this weekend against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Rodgers' go to touchdown dance involves imitating a WWE wrestler putting on a championship belt. When he won the Super Bowl the WWE sent him an actual World Heavyweight Championship belt. Everyone wins.
- His girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn, had no idea who he was when they first met, even though he had previously won a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP title. Now that’s a blow to the ego. She should've at least known him from his Allstate “Discount Double Check” commercials.
- His younger brother and former NFL quarterback, Jordan Rodgers, won the Bachelorette but not before airing the Rodgers family dirty laundry to the nation. Aaron wasn’t thrilled with the reporter questions that followed and refused to disclose any details. Glad we didn’t have to attend that holiday gathering.
- He’s more than football smart. In 2015, he appeared on Jeopardy and beat astronaut Scott Kelly. What like it’s hard?
NCAA Football (College)
- That was epic. The last game of the college football season did not disappoint. Clemson and Alabama played a game for the ages. Alabama led most of the game but Clemson took the lead when it mattered, with one second left in the game. This is Clemson’s first championship in 35 years. Their quarterback Deshaun Watson was named the game's MVP for his great performance in the last game of his college career.
Shout out to our Last Night’s Game Bowl Game Challenge winner, Russ. Nice picking. Congrats to you!
- Sports Illustrated announced that gold medal gymnasts Aly Raisman and Simone Biles will be gracing the pages of this year’s swimsuit edition.
- FIFA announced in 2026 that the World Cup will expand from 32 teams to 48 teams. Perhaps it'll give Team U.S.A. a chance to make the tournament? (They are very close to not qualifying for the 2018 World Cup).
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo won the distinction of the World’s Best Player from FIFA (in English - International Federation of Association Football). Upon receiving the award his son yelled at his dad “You’re the best in the world!” Queue hearts everywhere melting.