It may be Monday but it’s the first Monday after Memorial Day which means…you can finally wear white.
Just avoid the tomato sauce,
The Last Night’s Game
MLB (Major League Baseball)
- Oh what a night. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim’s Albert Pujols became the ninth player in MLB history to eclipse 600 home runs in his career. Oh, and that 600th home run was actually a grand slam. Even better? The Angels’ fan who caught the 600th home run ball could’ve sold it for a lot of money, but he very kindly gave it back to Pujols.
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Welcome back to winning. Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr made his return to coaching last night after back surgery and his team didn’t disappoint. The Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers to take 2-0 lead in the NBA Finals.
- Ole! Real Madrid (Spain) won its second consecutive Champions League (think Super Bowl for European Club soccer teams). Cristiano Ronaldo not only mesmerized Juventus (an Italian team) with his great hair but his ball skills, scoring two goals to lead his team to the coveted title.
- They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend and we’ll find out who the queens of the diamond are tonight when the defending champion Oklahoma Sooners take on the Florida Gators in the College Softball World Series tonight. It’s a best of three series, which runs through Wednesday if necessary.
- Just when you felt accomplished about penciling in one workout this weekend, we bring you 94-year-old Harriette Thompson. Thompson became the oldest woman to complete a half marathon yesterday. At 92 she broke the record as the oldest woman to complete a marathon.