Since we’re far enough past those New Year’s resolutions and not quite into bathing suit season, let’s talk food.
Don’t forget your antacids,
The Last Night’s Game Team
1. We’ve heard of a can of corn but the Atlanta Braves took it a step further with the Blooper Burger. It features everything you can imagine including four cheeseburger patties, a foot-long hot dog, chicken tenders with lettuce, tomato, onion and jalapeños, covered in cheese sauce. It’s all held together with Texas toast and comes with a side of candied popcorn for $26. (PS – In baseball, “a can of corn” is a really easy catch). WHERE DO YOU START?
2. While they may be a minor league team, this burger is big league. The Albuquerque Isotopes have created the ultimate sweet and savory treat – the Tumbleweed Burger. It features a green chile bun, ghost pepper cheese and “a large poof of red chile cotton candy.” MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH & LIGHTS IT ON FIRE
3. Frosé’s new cousin, Pink Peach Bellini ice cream, is making its debut at Oracle Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. Sadly, the ice cream does not actually contain booze but you can slap this creamy goodness between two cookies of your choice (or a wonderful waffle) for an ice cream sandwich. MVP
4. Vegetarians no longer have to miss out on the glory of a Philly cheesesteak. The Roots’ drummer/”Tonight Show” band leader Questlove is bringing a vegetarian cheesesteak, featuring Impossible 2.0 fake meat smothered in cheese, to the Philadelphia Phillies ballpark. (The drummer is an investor in Impossible Foods). CHEESESTEAKS FOR ALL
5. Not to be outdone by their cross-state rivals, the Pittsburgh Pirates are taking the ballpark favorites and stuffing them into a waffle cone. Yes, an ice cream waffle cone. There’s Kielbasa, pierogi, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing all in a travel friendly waffle cone. WHO NEEDS ICE CREAM?
Want to try these foods (and more) without having to hop on a plane? Check out MLB’s FoodFest featuring food from ballparks around the country. The Los Angeles event is April 26 - 28 with New York City and London dates to be announced. EAT IT
THIRSTY FOR MORE?
Now that you’re drooling and ready to eat, we’re serving up some lunchtime chatter including how equal pay is on the way, a football league implodes and a finale cameo that you don’t want to miss. READ