It runs in the family.
Sports Curious presented by Last Night's Game, is here to help you join the sports conversation, even if you don't know the first thing about sports. We breakdown what's happening in sports in an easy to understand, fun way without all of the statistics and jargon so you never have to exit stage left when the chatter at the office, dinner table or a networking event switches to sports.
You can always catch us between podcasts at www.lastnightsgame.com.
1. Laila Ali had big shoes to fill when she followed in her dad’s footsteps. Her father was the one and only, the “World’s Greatest,” boxer Muhammed Ali. A boxing champion herself, she's also a television personality and fitness guru who has appeared on shows such as American Gladiator and Dancing With The Stars. LIGHT ON THEIR FEET
2. NASCAR’s (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) dynamic duo was Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Earnhardt Jr. Papa Earnhardt died from injuries sustained in a crash at the Daytona 500 at the age of 49. Earnhardt Jr. won that same race three years later in 2004. Earnhardt Jr.'s grandfather was also a NASCAR driver and his nephew races in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. ONE FAST FAMILY
3. Basketball greatness runs in the family for the NBA (National Basketball Association) Champion and two-time league MVP, Stephen Curry. His father Dell, is the all-time leader in points and three pointers for the Charlotte Hornets. Steph’s youngest brother Seth plays basketball for the Portland Trail Blazers. They’re the first brothers to face off in the NBA conference finals. ONE OF THEM HAS TO BE YOUR FAVORITE KID
4. Her dad, two-time Hall of Famer Rick Flair, is considered one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, and wrestler Charlotte Flair is living up to his legacy. The college volleyball player turned WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) star has been a trailblazer for women in WWE, with nine championships to her name. “The Queen” was also the first WWE star to grace the pages of ESPN The Magazine’s Body Issue. ROYAL FAMILY
5. You can’t have a list of famous fathers and their kids without mentioning the ultimate trio – the Manning crew. Dad, Archie Manning was a NFL (National Football League) quarterback for 15 years. His quarterback sons Peyton and Eli have both won two Super Bowls. Their third brother Cooper, is ‘only’ a partner in a law firm and a TV personality. Cooper’s son, Arch, is keeping the family name alive as an impressive high school football prospect. A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK