If you’re looking for an excuse to call in sick today, these might work if you can handle your boss laughing their (expletive) off.
Points for creativity?
The Last Night’s Game Team
Five Absurd Reasons Athletes Have Missed A Game
1. Now retired basketball player and current TV analyst, Charles Barkley, missed a game after an incident involving lotion. He rubbed his eyes while at an Eric Clapton concert, had a bad reaction to the lotion on his hands and had to miss the Phoenix Suns (NBA – National Basketball Association) season opener. IT’S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES AN EYE
2. Former Baltimore Orioles (MLB – Major League Baseball) outfielder Marty Cordova missed a game due to severe burns he suffered from tanning bed exposure. BURNT TO A CRISP
3. In a motivational stunt gone wrong, former Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL – National Football League) punter Chris Hanson cut his leg with an axe, causing him to miss the entire season. The Jags coach put a log and an axe in the locker room as a motivational tool after a bad season start. This wasn’t Hanson’s first freak accident. He previously suffered severe burns when a fondue pot tipped over onto him. COVER HIM IN BUBBLE WRAP
4. MLB Baseball Hall of Famer Wade Boggs strained his back (and subsequently missed a few games) from putting on his cowboy boots. GIDDY UP
5. Former baseball player Glenallen Hill had a serious fear of spiders. He woke up in panic after having a dream about spiders and fell through a glass table. YOU CAN’T MAKE THIS UP
That's not all folks
If those freak accidents weren’t enough to keep you entertained, there’s more where that came from. Here are the top three things happening in the world of sports to keep the conversation flowing, including why you can’t be an athlete and drink beer, how Christmas came early for one fan and why a few Italian men are in big trouble. READ