Why one football player is running with the bulls, this is it for Wimbledon and the NBA has the experts all confused.
Today is no ordinary Friday. It's the gateway to a four-day weekend.
Celebrate good times,
The Last Night’s Game Team
MLB (Major League Baseball)
- A hero in workout gear. An umpire was out for a run in Pittsburgh when he came across a woman trying to jump off a bridge. He talked her off the ledge, quite literally. At times, he was hanging onto her and both of her feet were dangling in the air. After she was safe, he headed into work just like any other day.
NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Good news, bad news. The big news of the week is the trade of superstar Chris Paul from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Houston Rockets. The Rockets are looking to build a dynasty to compete at the highest level. The nice part for Paul? Texas has no state income tax, so that’ll help pad his wallet a bit.
- What like it’s hard? Golden State Warriors’ Steph Curry is now a two-sport athlete. The PGA (Professional Golfers’ Association) announced that he will play in a tournament on the Web.com tour, which is a minor league tour for the PGA. The tour made a sponsors exception to allow a non-pro to play and not everyone in the golf world is thrilled.
- Hold on to your hats. Free agency starts tonight at midnight. Be ready for a frenzy of action with potential big names on the move. Follow all the action here and if you’re wondering what free agency means, check out this handy-dandy video.
- Nude athletes and their strategically placed sports equipment are gracing the pages of ESPN Magazine’s annual body issue (on newsstands July 7). You can catch the likes of Dallas Cowboys (football) Ezekiel Elliot and tennis star Caroline Wozniacki in the issue. Little known fact? All the photos were shot on an iPhone. Check them out.
- Break out your bike helmet and spandex because the Tour de France begins tomorrow. The defending champion, England’s Chris Froome, is looking to win his fourth title in five years. Stay tuned for Wednesday's Five Things To Know for more on this grueling race with really pretty scenery. FYI - the race runs through July 23rd so you’ll have plenty of time to watch.
- The NFL (National Football League) announced a new addition to their roster, Terri Valenti. When the season starts, Valenti will become the first ever female replay official. The replay officials are the ones who watch the video playback of the game for tough calls on the field and make the ultimate decision. There is already one female referee in the sport.